I made TWO THINGS yesterday! First, I finally made these biscuits. I’ve been thinking about making them for… forever. They’ve just been rolling around inside my brain.
I’m not going to say they were easy, because there are a lot of ingredients and a fair amount of prep work, like shredding zucchini. But man, it was worth it. Mostly because I enjoy doing those things, but also because these are so delicious. There’s a lot of flavor going on, although the scallions are the primary one. They’re also a little dry. I’m sure it could’ve been (and probably was) my fault. Either way, Noah and I decided that they would be best with some soup. If you’re a tomato soup fan, I think that would probably be your best bet. I’m not, so… you’re on your own.
Also, I wish they were vegan. I’m sure it could be done. It would be nice to not have to use buttermilk (and eggs).
But let’s be real, biscuits are not dinner. So, I made my momma’s chicken and broccoli casserole. I didn’t take any pictures because, come on, I was shoveling it into my mouth. I literally burnt my tongue. Boiling cheese is really hot.
CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI CASSEROLE (by my mom!)
- 3-4 chicken breasts, baked in the over for 45-50 minutes then cut into pieces and put in a casserole dish
- 3-4 heads of broccoli, cooked halfway, then added to the casserole dish
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup, cooked with almost a full can of milk, then added and mixed in with the chicken and broccoli
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top, then add 2 cups of mozzarella cheese on top.
Mom recommends sprinkling some pepper on top, which I also do.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until the cheese is nice and golden brown!
Also, try to let it cool before you put it on your tongue.